Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sadie's Steps


Sadie took her first steps yesterday.....well, about 4 steps to be exact! Chad stood, holding the cat, about 3 feet away from Sadie. She stood up by herself and inched 4 sweet little baby steps towards the kitty. Then she realized she'd get there quicker if she crawled, and dropped to her hands and knees. She is standing on her own and when I play music, she will stand there and be bop to the beat, but she hasn't made anymore steps since yesterday morning. She's getting more comfortable with walking along the furniture and standing up (not holding on to anything) seems to be effortless now. So it's only a matter of time before she really takes off for good! I have such mixed emotions....the majority of which are happy ( because this is a huge milestone and she seems to be tackling it early) and relieved (because I know that soon enough I won't have to lug a 22 pound turkey around on my hip 24/7 anymore). But there is some sadness too..because with the onset of walking comes the beginning of the end of babyhood!! Sadie's first year has just flown by me!!...Could be because I was in a cloudy haze for a third of it, still trying to balance everything while maintaining sanity.
Anyway, she is quite proud of herself ...and we all root her on and clap whenever she even looks like she might attempt a step. She's also saying "ki ki" for kitty...and I'm pretty sure "ba ba" for bottle.
We had a nice weekend. I took Hannah to the pool this afternoon....it wasn't really hot enough, but I had to make good on my promise. She's been wanting to go since last week when she picked out her new Dora bathing suit at Target. She had fun, but we only stayed about an hour..the water was freeeeezing!!

2 comments:

mema of 4 said...

Well, I have just melted in a puddle lol lol lol! That is the cutest darn thing I've seen in many yrs. This child just amazes me! Love you all!

beachmom757 said...

Go Sadie Go!!! Can't wait till they are both running, laughing and chasing each other! My heart is smiling!